CLARITY re: challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 11 19:53:50 UTC 2008

Gary Palmer wrote:

> I think a large part of the shortcomings of the ports infrastructure when
> it comes to security releases could be mitigated if there was a rapid
> building and availability of packages on FTP mirrors to prevent everyone
> from doing "portupgrade -P" and then having to wait for the build as
> the packages don't show up for <x> days, and people can't wait that long
> for the fix.

I raised that issue recently on freebsd-ports@ and was told that there
are no resources for that right now, although everyone agreed that it
is definitely something that would be nice-to-have.

Doug