DVD-RW doesn't write

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 10 17:28:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Jerahmy Pocott wrote:

*snip*

> The drive is able to mount and read cds/dvds fine, but on trying to
> use burncd it says:
> acd0: FAILURE - READ_TRACK_INFO ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00
>
> Any further attempts produce the above message with no delay to read
> from the drive, resetting the ata0 channel makes it check the drive
> again before producing the message.
>
> On loading atapicam module it says:
> acd0: FAILURE - INQUIRY ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00
>
> So I wasn't able to try cdrecord with it..

I had problems with burncd and my DVD drive when burning CD-RW's.  When
I tried atapicam and cdrecord, it gave me problems.  I believe it was
using burncd prior to atapicam that caused it because it works now if I
do not use burncd first.  You could try a reboot and use atapicam first;
the DVD drive may be in a funny state.  Just a guess.

Sean
--
scf at FreeBSD.org