challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Sun Jun 8 18:31:20 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 12:18:22PM +0100, Steven Hartland wrote:
> [...]

  I've done this too.  I kept a private 4.8 for years updated with
driver and security patches from 4.9 et seq. once 4.8 support was
discontinued.  Just do the source checkout via CVS and create your own
CVS branch.

  It is more work than I'm prepared for now, where the FreeBSD systems
I'm supporting is part-time consulting; that's why I decided to jump to
a release line.  However, it's a reasonable option for someone who's
maintaining their own larger groups of systems.

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at iandicomputing.com / cliftonr at lava.net
       President  - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/