CLARITY re: challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Sun Jun 8 01:32:51 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 12:53:10PM -0700, Jo Rhett wrote:
> The question I raised is simply: given the number of bugs opened and
> fixed since 6.3-RELEASE shipped, why is 6.3 the only supported
> version?  Why does it make sense for FreeBSD to stop supporting a
> stable version and force people to choose between two different
> unstable versions?  Is this really the right thing to do?

  In what sense do you consider 6.2 stable?  Stable as compared to
what?

  I think a part of the problem here - not the only part - is that you
are using idiosyncratic definitions of terms.

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at iandicomputing.com / cliftonr at lava.net
       President  - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/