challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Sat Jun 7 22:21:30 UTC 2008

On Jun 7, 2008, at 2:46 PM, Garance A Drosehn wrote:
> Your concern has been noted and rejected.

My actual questions were never answered.

> you are "challenging" others to support 6.2 for you.  For free.

No, I never did that.  I asked why it was a good idea.  And I have
always offered to help, and have always helped as much as I could with
anything to do with freebsd.  For free :-)

> Several committers have offered to look at any bugs which prevent you
> from going to 6.3, and you don't want to hear about that.

No, I said I would provide all those details as soon as I could.

> workload is such that you don't really want to even look at any
> FreeBSD changes this year, and you assume that our workload is such

Are you just making this stuff up?  My only comments about workload
was that it was on my schedule for May, then June...  I could totally
do this upgrade NOW if it was feasible.

> Your challenge has been read by many committers, and your challenge
> has been found lacking, impractical and uninteresting.  Now, is it
> true that every single freebsd committer must reply to this thread
> and tell you "Sorry, but No"?  And we must all be nice while we do
> it, or we'll also be lectured about our manners?

I find it sad that again you find it more interesting to be insulting
that to respond in a helpful manner to the questions raised.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness