challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Sat Jun 7 22:02:21 UTC 2008

On Jun 7, 2008, at 1:56 AM, Kostik Belousov wrote:
> Comparing us with, e.g., Solaris, we would not find a lot of
> difference
> in the support model. Althought they formally provide patches for

Huh?  I'm totally not saying that you should be trying to match the
support model of a large corporation, this statement is outright
wrong.  I can still get security patches for Solaris 2.8 which shipped
almost 6 years ago now.

Again, I'm not saying that 6 years is reasonable for FreeBSD - just
pointing out that the statement is invalid.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness