challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

Dick Hoogendijk dick at nagual.nl
Sat Jun 7 22:00:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 14:37:11 -0700
Jo Rhett <jrhett at netconsonance.com> wrote:

> These are the raw issues without any friendly wording.
>
> 1. Bugs in 6.3 that are patched aren't available in any other
> -RELEASE. 2. Bugs in 6.3 outstanding that don't affect 6.2
> 3. Overall amount of bugs.
> 4. Difference in code base between 6.3 and 6-STABLE is > than 6.2
> and 6.3
>
> These combine to produce a release which will never be "stable" for
> production needs.

You are in fact saying 6.3-RELEASE should not have been released at the
time it was. It should have been posponed 'till some open bugs were
solved. I agree with you that a RELEASE is supposed to be more mature /
stable then a development version. And you state it is -not-

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
++ http://nagual.nl/ + SunOS sxde 01/08 ++