challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Sat Jun 7 21:46:55 UTC 2008

On Jun 6, 2008, at 6:08 AM, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Three people replied to Jo Rhett's initial email.  Here's what they
> said, with Jo's own text elided:

Among other things, you time-warped some of my comments into replies
to things people said to the comments themselves.  But the most
crucial is that you dropped the entire point I was trying to make and
focused on someone else's desire to focus on the specific bugs, rather
than the overall policy issue.  So your entire thread is misguided at
best.   Specific bugs are always addressed on the PRs themselves or
the hardware-specific mailing list, not on the general -stable list.

Even worse is your summary:

> I won't pretend to know what Jo is thinking or what his motivation is,
> but in my experience, when people respond in this manner, it's because
> they know they have no solid data or arguments, and are trying to save
> face.

What face?  Huh?  Exactly what face do I have to save?  Why on gods
green earth would I put saving face over system stability?  I think
you are confusing me with someone who has time to spend all day
writing on mailing lists/forums and considers their reputation
important.  You're dealing with exactly the opposite -- I rarely read
the mailing lists due to lack of time, and generally don't care what
people think of me as long as it doesn't get in the way of getting
work done.

> I hope this helps you to better understand who's attacking who, and
> who's being rude to who.

You should perhaps start at the beginning and look at the questions I
asked, and then recreate the thread showing the responses to the
policy questions I have raised.

Or just look at your own responses, which have never been less than
rude and not once even pretended to focus on the real questions.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness