CLARITY re: challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Sat Jun 7 19:53:26 UTC 2008

(Top posted because I didn't want to snip what you said)

Bruce, all of what you said below is well known.  I understand and
don't have any problem with this.  You seem to be trying to address
something I wasn't asking about -- certifications, etc and such.  Not
a concern.

The question I raised is simply: given the number of bugs opened and
fixed since 6.3-RELEASE shipped, why is 6.3 the only supported
version?  Why does it make sense for FreeBSD to stop supporting a
stable version and force people to choose between two different
unstable versions?  Is this really the right thing to do?

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness