challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Sat Jun 7 19:41:41 UTC 2008

On Jun 5, 2008, at 2:45 AM, Steven Hartland wrote:
> You are still fail to take to the time to even tell people what these
> bugs are, no ones a mind reader!
>
> People are trying to help you here but all I'm hearing is a child like
> "It doesn't work fix it", with no willingness to even explain what it
> is or provide resources to test if someone found the time to
> investigate
> your issues.
> Given this I don't see how you can expect these so called issues to
> ever get fixed.

I think you are misunderstanding the point at hand.  I'm not trying to
address specific issues.  (I'd be happy to in another thread next
week).  This thread was created to address the overall well-documented
list of bugs in 6.3, which is the *only* supported stable version of
the operating system.  (7.0 is even less stable)

The most stable (by numbers of bugs and numbers of reported problems)
is 6.2.

I see no valid reasoning that can be backed up by numbers as to why
6.2 should be EoL.  That's the point I'm addressing.  The specific
bugs that affect us are not necessarily relevant to the overall
stability.  And anyone can do the same searches on the bug list to
confirm these numbers for themselves.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness