challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Thu Jun 5 15:33:56 UTC 2008

2008/6/5 Chris Marlatt <cmarlatt at rxsec.com>:

> The option provided seems like a fairly good compromise to both interests.
> Pick 6.3 (or anything the release team wishes) to support for a longer
> period of time. Keep all other releases to 12 month support and continue
> doing what I believe is some fairly incredible work. I really don't see the
> downside to it. If anything it should reduce the work load for the team and
> let them focus on making considerable progress. Especially considering Ken
> Smith's recent post regarding future release schedules.

Please remember that:

* the people generally pushing changes back down into RELENG_6 are
doing so to (hopefully) fix bugs that they see in their production
environments;
* So the project is (in theory) being driven by people who have real
needs and don't mind sharing; so
* If you'd like to see this happen then please take charge and offer
to trial it. :)

Adrian

Adrian Chadd - adrian at freebsd.org