Upcoming release schedule

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Jun 4 21:32:49 UTC 2008

As some of you may know the FreeBSD Project has been attempting to shift
over from "Feature based releases" to "Time based releases" as far as
trying to schedule them goes.  Lets just say that's still a work in
progress (as in doing that with FreeBSD 7.0 didn't work out so well).

This is the schedule we will be shooting for through the next several
years/branches:

        8/2008  7.1 and 6.4
        2/2009  7.2
        6/2009  8.0
        8/2009  7.3
        12/2009 8.1 and 7.4
        3/2010  8.2
        8/2010  8.3
        12/2010 9.0
        4/2011  9.1 and 8.4
        10/2011 9.2
        3/2012  9.3
        6/2012  10.0
        12/2012 10.1 and 9.4

No guarantees at this point, but those will be what we shoot for.  I've
updated the releng page on the Web site to include the first couple of
those (commit was just done so it will take a little while to appear at
http://www.freebsd.org/releng).

--
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu