MCP55 SATA data corruption in FreeBSD 7

Daniel Eriksson daniel_k_eriksson at telia.com
Wed Jul 23 12:32:04 UTC 2008

I wrote:

> I am having problems with silent data corruption on (some) drives
> connected to an MCP55 SATA controller.

The original problem showed up when talking to (brand new) Samsung 1TB
drives in SATA-300 mode hooked up to the onboard controller. I have now
tested with a 750GB Seagate drive in both SATA-300 and SATA-150 mode.
Unfortunately the problem was not Samsung-related or SATA-300 specific.

This points to a driver problem with the chipset/controller combination,
or possibly some sort of strange interaction with other hardware
(interrupts?). I have no idea how to troubleshoot this any further.

___
Daniel Eriksson (http://www.toomuchdata.com/)