FreeBSD 7.1 and BIND exploit

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 03:44:13 UTC 2008

Brett,

You need to understand the release engineering process of FreeeBSD.
The release edition is essential created from the stabe edition. 7.1R
would not be something new which is *not* present on 7-STABLE today.

In addition, while a particular branch is alive (not declared as end
of life) all security updates are backported. The fix which you are
looking for is also present on 7.0-R so you may well install that.

Thanks
Subhro