HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop wont boot off install cd

Kevin K kkutzko at teksavvy.com
Thu Jul 17 12:31:58 UTC 2008

> I just tried to boot off the latest 8.0-CURRENT amd64 snapshot.
> According to
> documentation, if you hold the spacebar as it is loading
> /boot/default/loader.conf you can get to the boot menu. Pressing 6 and
> entering :
>

>  set hint.apic.0.disabled=1
>  set hint.sio.0.disabled=1
>  set hint.sio.1.disabled=1

Just tried the above with 6.3-RELEASE amd64 snapshot (200806) , as well as
7.0-RELEASE amd64 snapshot (200806), with pressing the spacebar, pressing 6
at boot screen and typing the above options.

For 6.3-RELEASE, it actually got to sysinstall. For 7.0-RELEASE, it seemed
to hang at "Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0".

When I have time (tonight perhaps), I will try to do a full install of
6.3-RELEASE and see how that functions.  Unfortunately there are no amd64
snapshots for 200807, so if I cant install 6.3 I may wait until more updated
snapshots come out.

~k