taskqueue timeout

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Wed Jul 16 02:44:01 UTC 2008

Alex Trull wrote:
> Don't want to give conflicting advice, and would suggest you certainly
> try the 30 sec thing first. I'm already on 10 myself but haven't pushed
> further.

What were you doing, and what did you notice when the problem started?

As much as it seems silly, I'm mostly interested in what your network
was doing at the time things went sour.

> In my own case I've not had any issue with zfs in particular since I
> applied the ZFS zil/prefetch disable loader.conf tunables 10 hours ago.
> I am observing this now.

For some reason, and with no explanation or science behind it, I don't
think this is a ZFS problem, and I'm trying to defend this thought to my
peers until I prove otherwise.

I have to be a bit careful on how I adjust loader properties, given that
I'm loading from USB, and mounting root from a ZFS zpool hard disk. Like
my GELI systems, tweaking things can be a bit touchy unless I put a
little more planning into it.

> For the record ..
>
> What ata chipset/motherboard and model of disk have you got ?

I'm not a hardware person per-se, but I'm advised to post that the
motherboard is:

- XFS nForce 610i with GeForce 7050

If there is more hardware info I can provide, let me know specifically
what I should be looking for.

> Have you seen any smart errors (real or otherwise) ?
> What do your 'zpool status' counters look like ?

zpool status is always clean. There are no errors otherwise, even if the
box is up for multiple hours straight. The problem occurs only if I
through work at it.

Steve