System update

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Sat Jul 12 21:56:53 UTC 2008

I installed 7.0 release when it first came out.  However, because of
the TCP problems with users on cable modems I had to switch to Stable
to get the fix.  I haven't updated the source since then and now there
are some updates on the verge of being released that need to be
included.  However, I can't tell if the fixes for the networking issue
have been included in the security releases or not.  Since these are
production servers I don't want to just grab some random version of
stable unless thats the only way to get all the required fixes.  How
do I find out which version I should upgrade to?  If I can go back to
a security release I suspect I will need to delete all of /usr/src, /
usr/obj, and then reinstall the original source from the 7.0 release
cd and then upgrade vi csup.