BIND update?

Oliver Brandmueller ob at e-Gitt.NET
Thu Jul 10 10:25:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 07:44:51PM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2008-Jul-10 11:40:06 +0200, Oliver Brandmueller <ob at e-Gitt.NET> wrote:
> >shouldn't there be a very urgent BIND update somewhere around?
>
> There has been a very long thread about this in -security.  Leaving
> out the trolls and flaming, the salient points are:
> - The bind port has been updated to include the relevant patches
> - The security team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.

OK, thanx for clarification. I totally overlooked the updated bind port;
anyhow, I use base system bind and didn't plan to change that (although
it might me a good idea, as this situation clearly shows).

- Olli

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |