Makefile in FreeBSD 7.0 Stable

norwoh at comcast.net norwoh at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 13:41:45 UTC 2008

I have a fresh install of FreeBSD 7.0 but it it seems several system related modules are broken. One I would like to have a solution on urgently is the "Makefile". I am not able to compile or install any program with it. The errors are too many no matter which application I try to install from ports collection. I have not built a custom kernel yet. The behavior of Makefile worries me more than anything at the moment.

pkg_ add is minimally working itself. I am also noticing that quite many apllications in the port collection are bad. Any idea for me to get started?

Thanks,

Saffa