Marvell Yukon 88E8062 - media selection problem

Krzysztof Jędruczyk beaker at hot.pl
Wed Jul 2 23:25:33 UTC 2008

Pyun YongHyeon pisze:
  > Would you try attached patch?
> The patch is just for checking code path of fiber media.

It's slightly better - some media gets detected, but looks weird to me
(and doesn't communicate with other machines on the switch):

# ifconfig
msk0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
         options=11a<TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,TSO4>
         ether 00:10:f3:0d:d6:45
         media: Ethernet autoselect (autoselect <full-duplex>)
         status: active
msk1: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
         options=11a<TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,TSO4>
         ether 00:10:f3:0d:d6:46
         media: Ethernet autoselect (autoselect <full-duplex>)
         status: active

'autoselect (autoselect <full-duplex>)' doesn't seem right to me...

I couldn't see any signs of interface being functional with neither ping
nor tcpdump...

I tried the patch with 7.0-RELEASE-p2, -STABLE and -CURRENT kernels.

I'm not sure how important is that, but I still can't force it to
1000baseSX:

# ifconfig msk0 media 1000baseSX
ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA (media): Device not configured

> Btw, it looks like you have dual port controller, right?

Yes, this machine has dual gigabit ports:
http://www.nexcom.com/ProductModel.aspx?id=7541ac3e-ecfd-4008-83cd-52e1ababe6a8

Let me know if there is any info I could provide that would help making
this interface functional.

--
Best regards,
   Krzysztof Jędruczyk