no serial console for ttyd0 HP Blade

Marian Hettwer mh at kernel32.de
Wed Jul 2 07:55:10 UTC 2008

Hi there,

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 23:36:51 -0700, Ulf Zimmermann <ulf at Alameda.net> wrote:
> Also remember that the blades have 2 serial ports, one can be accessed
via
> a dongle in the front of the blade and I believe that is what usual would
> be
> called COM1 by default. The virtual serial via ilo takes up the COM2 by
> default. This is at least the default on DL series servers and I haven't
> checked into using the virtual serial on the Blades we have.

Well, I enabled ttyd1 too in /etc/ttys and gave init a kill -HUP:
[root at db46-202.mobile.rz] <~>ps ax | grep ttyd
[9:54:02 on 08-07-02]
 7888  ??  S      0:00.01 /usr/libexec/getty std.9600 ttyd1
  961  d0  Is+    0:00.00 /usr/libexec/getty std.9600 ttyd0

But no login prompt, though...

regards,
Marian