MCP55 SATA data corruption in FreeBSD 7

Daniel Eriksson daniel_k_eriksson at telia.com
Tue Jul 1 16:55:25 UTC 2008

Chris Rees wrote:

> I have a 570 SLI too (Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe), I've been looking for an
> excuse to put FreeBSD on here :)
>
> I'll start installing it, anything I should do to make this
> error more obvious?

No, if it is a common problem with this chipset and/or MCP55 controller
revision (which I think) then you should run into problems pretty much
as soon as you start reading from the drive (on initial boot after
install for example).

I'm not sure if the problem is amd64 specific or not, but it seems the
people that have reported problems have all run amd64 (and not i386).
This might be a coincident though.

___
Daniel Eriksson (http://www.toomuchdata.com/)