Syncing or maybe update issue

Yousef Raffah yraffah at sadeem.net
Tue Jul 1 11:13:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Yousef Raffah <yraffah at sadeem.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 01:09:25PM +0300, Yousef Raffah wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a box which can't sync using cvsup, therefore, ...
>>
>> Let's start here.  Why not?  What happens?  Have you used -L2?
>>
>> Also, if you're using 6.2 or later, you should be able to use csup
>> (comes with the base system) and not cvsup.
>>
>>> I thought of
>>> using cvs by invoking the following command in the directory
>>> /usr/src/cvs/
>>>
>>> # cvs -d freebsdanoncvs at anoncvs.freebsd.org:/home/ncvs co src
>>>
>>> I do get all the updates and it seems to be checking out successfully,
>>> however, when I try to
>>> # make -j4 buildword
>>> I get the following error about elf.h not being found!
>>
>> This looks like you're checking out HEAD/-CURRENT.  Is this really what
>> you want to be doing?  Probably not, based on the fact you mailed
>> freebsd-stable and not freebsd-current.
>>
> I guess you nailed it, I couldn't understand how to specify that using
> the command I used earlier. Anyhow, I'm checking it with the -r
> RELENG_7_0_0_RELEASE and will report back how things go.

I guess I couldn't figure out how to checkout RELENG_7_0_0_RELEASE
from the mirror
freebsdanoncvs at anoncvs.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs
I typed this:
# cvs checkout -r RELENG_7_0_0_RELEASE src

Can someone help with it, I can't spot an issue with the syntax but it
is complaining saying:
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot write /home/ncvs/CVSROOT/val-tags:
Permission denied