panic: vm_fault: fault on nofualt entry, addr: 81423000

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Thu Jan 31 06:53:32 PST 2008

> I think the problem is that the header for the FACP table crossed a page
> boundary so we had to map 2 pages to map the header, but the code assumes
> only 1 page is needed so when the second page was mapped, it overlapped with
> the page holding the XSDT.  Here's a fix:

Excellent, that fixes it on my machine! Preseumbaly this fix will also work
on 6.3 which has the same problem. is it also likely to be required on
amd64 - I notice there is a separate separate madt.c file for 64 it.

If you want to close the PR's then they are kern/119716 and kern/117918

Now that it's booting with ACPI I can see that the box has some other
issues, but will look into those when I get back to wrok (am
currfenttly off sick - testing has to be done by emailing a colleague
with prceise instructions, not the easiest way to debug a kernel)

cheers,

-pete.