fwd: [linimon@lonesome.com: results of the 20080125 bugathon]

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Mon Jan 28 18:57:51 PST 2008

Here's a repost of the message I just sent to freebsd-bugbusters at .
Followups there, please.

Thanks.

mcl

----- Forwarded message from Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> -----

Over 30 people participated in this bugathon.  Thanks to all who
participated!

During the 3 days, we closed around 120 PRs, and probably 50 more were
set to feedback.  Of course, during this time about 80 PRs came in
(including some ports PRs).  While the net reduction doesn't look that
large, it does constitute positive progress -- a large number of stale
PRs were indeed closed, and a few were committed.  For our next bugathon
we'll try to be more focussed on committing some of the PRs that we've
already identified, and also to keep a count of PRs busted by category
(which we had done before, but forgotten to get a volunteer for this
time.)

As part of the run-up to the bugathon, several new wiki pages were
created:

  http://wiki.freebsd.org/Bugathons/January2008
  http://wiki.freebsd.org/Bugathons/January2008/InterestingBugs
  http://wiki.freebsd.org/BugBusting/Resources
  http://wiki.freebsd.org/Bugbusting/TipsAndTricks
  http://wiki.freebsd.org/BugBusting/Volunteers
  http://wiki.freebsd.org/KernelBugTriage

Please take a look at these if you're interested in coming up to
speed with what we're up to.

Thanks!

mcl

----- End forwarded message -----