panic: vm_fault: fault on nofualt entry, addr: 81423000

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Mon Jan 28 06:45:24 PST 2008

> That isn't page-aligned which is unexpected, though it should still
> work fine.

I am wondering if the non page alignment is what is causing the
trouble here. I discovered my printfs were causing panics themselves, so
am re-doing a lot of my results as I have been generating some red herrings.
I will have some more results to email you later, but it looks to me as
if the problem of the first table entry results in unmapping part of the
header, and hence access to the second tbale entry crashes. At least the
address reported in the panic is one I can see was unmapped just before the
panic.

I am doing a full compile against the latest stable and will actually see if I
can track this down in a lot more detail and send you the results,

cheers,

-pete.