Well-supported SAS RAID card for 6.3?

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Sun Jan 27 04:35:13 PST 2008

> and confusion about chips/cards. Does anyone have experience with recent SAS
> cards or machines with integrated chips?

The P400 controllers from HP work beautifully under FreeBSD. Have run
them on both 6.3 (i386) and 7.0 (amd64) and they are stable and perform
well. We have sixteen machines rolled out with these in running various
different releases of FreeBSD. I would certainly recommend them (and indeed
have nabbed one for home use off ebay which I am going to put into the
next machine I build).

-pete.