snd_emu10k1.ko after 6.2 to 6.3 upgrade

Petr Holub hopet at ics.muni.cz
Fri Jan 25 14:30:45 PST 2008

> Did you kldload sound.ko before snd_emu10k1.ko?  It maybe that
freebsd-upgrade
> didn't run kldxref on your kernel dir to update the
/boot/kernel/linker.hints
> file that is used to autoload dependencies.

Yes I did, sound.ko is loaded. Actually, I can use sound.ko from the
freebsd-update'd tree together with snd_emu10k1.ko built from source
and it works without any apparent problem.

> You can try doing a 'kldxref /boot/kernel' to see if that fixes the
dependency

That hasn't helped:
# kldload snd_emu10k1
kldload: can't load snd_emu10k1: No such file or directory

dmesg says again:
KLD snd_emu10k1.ko: depends on midi - not available

                            Petr Holub
CESNET z.s.p.o.                       Supercomputing Center Brno
Zikova 4                             Institute of Compt. Science
162 00 Praha 6, CZ                            Masaryk University
Czech Republic                     Botanicka 68a, 60200 Brno, CZ
e-mail: Petr.Holub at cesnet.cz               phone: +420-549493944
                                             fax: +420-541212747