ipfwpcap in 6.3 ?

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 25 10:33:09 PST 2008

If memory serves me right, Kurt Jaeger wrote:

> In
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.3R/relnotes-i386.html
>
> ipfwpcap(8) is mentioned, but I can't find it after the upgrade ?

Argh.  My bad.  It got merged to RELENG_6 *just* after RELENG_6_3 was
branched, by about a day or so.  Somehow I must have gotten confused and
thought that it happened pre-branch (and thus had gotten included), thus
it ended up in the release notes for 6.3 when it shouldn't have.  :-(
I'll make a note in the post-release errata for this.

Very sorry for the confusion.  ipfwpcap(8) will appear in 6.4-RELEASE or
in any 6-STABLE snapshot made after about 25 November 2007.

Bruce.