panic: vm_fault: fault on nofualt entry, addr: 81423000

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Fri Jan 25 04:55:47 PST 2008

> Hmm, so that's fine.  What pointer is returned by madt_map_table?

0x800e7610

I also put some prints in afterwards to try and see how far through
the loop it was getting:

		count = (xsdt->Header.Length - sizeof(ACPI_TABLE_HEADER)) /
                    sizeof(UINT64);
                printf("DEBUG: count is %d\n", count);
                for (i = 0; i < count; i++) {
                        printf("DEBUG: probing %d - offset %p\n",
                                        i, xsdt->TableOffsetEntry[i]);
                        if (madt_probe_table(xsdt->TableOffsetEntry[i]))
                                break;
                }

The output is interesting - I get count printed as 6, but then nothing
else, just the panic. Which leads me to believe that it is the access
to xsdt->TableOffsetEntry[0] which is causing the panic.

-pete.