T7200 CPU not detected by est

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Tue Jan 22 06:22:44 PST 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 05:47:25 -0800 Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu at FreeBSD.org>
wrote about Re: T7200 CPU not detected by est:

JC> And I can tell the system is significantly "slower" when idle, which is
JC> normal.  :-)

JC> So give that a try...

First of all, thank you very much for your work and your mail.
Surprisingly (at least to me :-) everything seems to work as you said with
the system on my desk here, which has a T7200 and FreeBSD 6.3-RC2.
However, I know I already tried this with my system at home with a T7200
and FreeBSD 7.0-Beta4, and it crashed and rebooted when starting powerd.
Just to make sure, I will try again and report about it when I am back at
home.
Meanwhile, I also opened a PR under #119895.

cu
  Gerrit