NO_ knobs in /etc/make.conf

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Mon Jan 21 05:45:20 PST 2008

>Hello!

>In earlier releases, /etc/make.conf had various NO_ knobs such as
>NO_SENDMAIL or NO_IPFILTER to avoid building specific parts of the
system
>during buildworld. In FreeBSD 7 they seem to be gone? At least they are
not
>listed in /usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf, or make.conf(5). I'm
>specifically curious about NO_SENDMAIL. With earlier FreeBSD versions I

>added this to make.conf after installing Postfix, thinking that this
way
>installworld won't overwrite my Postfix port. Is this no longer
necessary?

>--
>Toomas Aas

Secondly
Even if you do not set WITHOUT_SENDMAIL it will never overwrite your
postfix install.
Sendmail is build within the base system and there for is installed in
/bin and /sbin and postfix
Will be build within /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin with the file
/etc/mailer.conf you can
point to another mailer like postfix, exin ot qmail.

Regards,
Johan Hendriks
Double L Automatisering