Questions about building the world

Vlad GALU dudu at dudu.ro
Sat Jan 19 05:36:10 PST 2008

  1. I noticed the WITHOUT_SSP switch in src.conf(5). Does this mean
that Propolice is currently used by default?
  2. For debugging purposes, I'd like to rebuild my whole world with
debugging symbols. Adding -g to the flags in make.conf seemed to do
the trink until right before the installation of the new files. Doing
a nm on libc.so.7 yielded all the symbols, as expected. However, after
performing the installworld, the library was stripped. Is there a
switch to prevent stripping too?

--
Mahnahmahnah!