garbled message from p800-controller

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Thu Jan 17 13:52:25 PST 2008

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 10:24:55PM +0100, Claus Guttesen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've upgraded to FreeBSD stable as of Jan. 16'th 2008, doen a make
> world/kernel. The server is a DL360 G5 with a builtin p400i controller
> and a p800 controller as well. Upon boot I get a garbled dmesg from
> the p800 controller:
>
> da1 at ciss1 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
> dSaM1P::  A<PC OCMPPUA Q# R1A ILDa uAnDcGhVeOdL!U
> ME expa> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-5 device
> da1: 135.168MB/s transfers
>
> I recall a similar thread was brought up just before xmas but I can't
> find the thread.

It is just two separate lines getting mixed together.
One of them is "SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!", i.e.
the second CPU/core was just started and it wrote a message
to the console announcing that at the same time as the first
CPU wrote "da1: <COMPAQ RAID ADGVOLUME expa> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-5 device"
to the console.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson