Dell PERC6?

Tom Judge tom at tomjudge.com
Thu Jan 17 06:28:36 PST 2008

Ferdinand Goldmann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am in the process of buying new Dell hardware, mainly the 2950 III.
> According to various postings I found, the PERC6/i Controller _should_
> work with FreeBSD 6.3. Does anyone successfully use a 2950 III with
> PERC6/i controller and can confirm this?
>
> Sorry if the question sounds stupid, but as I cannot find any references
> to the PERC6 in either documentation or source code I am a bit confused,
> and I wanted to make sure it works before shelling out my employers
> money. :-)
>
> Many thanks for any enlightenment on this subject,
> kind regards,
> Ferdinand
Hi,

I have just pulled a new one out of a the box and done a boot and
partition test on it using 6.3-RC2 boot only CD.  Seemed to work just
fine.  I haven't got any PERC6/i's in production at this stage so can
really say about their stability/performance just that they appear to
work just fine with the 10 minute test I just did.

Tom