panic: vm_fault: fault on nofualt entry, addr: 81423000

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Thu Jan 17 04:38:36 PST 2008

following up my own email here, but I have compiled the kernel
debugger into my kerenal, and much to my surprise it dooes actualy
drop into the debugger when it panics.

so, what can I do from there to help sort this out ? a quick backtrace
shows the following call sequence:

	madt_probe
	apic_init
	mi_startup
	beging

Which surprises me as I was expecting to see something inside an acpi call.
I am not sure where to go from here though - I know nothing about this bit
of the kernel, and it's quite a shallow learning curve unfortunately.

-pete.