RELENG_7 2008/01/10 desktop system also periodically freezes

Ulrich Spoerlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:14:08 PST 2008

On Sun, 13.01.2008 at 17:25:24 -0500, J.R. Oldroyd wrote:
> David's suggestion re powerd may be relevant.  I'd noticed that the
> problem seems to happen when the system is idle.  I posted earlier that
> it seems like I can do all sorts of work without a problem then I stop for
> a phone call and when I resume it hangs.  I tend to notice a lot of hangs
> when typing an email.

Try with running/looping some MP3 or WAV files. My system never, ever
froze during sound playback. Only when "idle". But since I'm running
multiple wmdocklets that update periodically "idle" is not really true.

Cheers,
Ulrich Spoerlein
--
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,
than to speak, and remove all doubt.