Backup solution suggestions

Johan Ström johan at stromnet.se
Tue Jan 15 11:15:15 PST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008, at 15:03 , Ronald Klop wrote:

> This sounds like a problem for 'tarsnap'. It's from the same author
> as portsnap.
>
> http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2006-09-13-encrypted-backup.html
> http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2007-08-29-tarsnap-update.html
> http://www.tarsnap.com/
>
> I never used it so I don't know more about it than you can find in
> these url's.

Indeed, sounds like that could be what I'm looking for. But however
nothing public yet, only "private" beta..

And from the sound of it, only a hosted service? Nothing that one
will be able to put up themself.
http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=81221
And a remotely hosted service I can have at home, but it's the
bandwith of the internet link that limits me..

--
Johan