RELENG_7 2008/01/10 desktop system also periodically freezes

Kostik Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 21:32:53 PST 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 12:03:54AM -0500, J.R. Oldroyd wrote:
> Yet another:
>      http://opal.com/jr/freebsd/releng_7-freeze/200801132359-ktr.out
>
> Shows just the same as the first, just:
> 	CPU 0
> 	irq 17: pcm0 ath0
> 	ath0 taskq

BTW, I am experiencing hard hang on my laptop when ath0 is brought up and
powerd is running. It takes several seconds when this happens with no AP
nearby. It may take up to the hour when machine is able associate to the AP.

Reliable workaround for me was to stop powerd before turning on ath0 on the
laptop.

On the other hand, one of my desktop workstation has atheros card, and
runs powerd without problem, lowering the frequency of the CPU.