Cannot mount a nfs share after doing a snapshot

Jose Garcia Juanino jjuanino at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 03:29:56 PST 2008

El jueves 10 de enero a las 01:10:17 CET, Julian H. Stacey escribió:
> "Julian H. Stacey" wrote:
> > I too saw mountd / exports just fail on 2 systems upgraded in last
> > days from 7RC4 to newest 7 Stable (CTM src-7 80, received here Jan
> > 6 15:15 CEST=GMT+01:00).  I am not using .snap snapshot.  My other
> > AMD & NFS on other FreeBSD-4 & 6 hosts remains OK.
> > AMD & NFS as client & server was working till then. I just upgraded src/
> > & rebooted & exports failed.
> >
> > messages:
> >   mountd[563]: can't change attributes for /
> >   mountd[563]: bad exports list line / host1 host2 host3
> >
> > named seems to resolve hosts OK though. (my usual first suspect :-)
> >
> > su; mount_nfs lapd:/usr /mnt
> > 	[udp] lapd:/usr: Permission denied
> >
> > Maybe changed hosts/pam/ssh/inetd type root auth defaults between RC4 & now ?
>
> My mistake.  Fixed here by running mergemaster -sicvP
> & removing ::1 from my /etc/hosts to avoid IPV6.

Yes, you are right, I have following your suggestions and the problem
has gone away.

Take a look at the following lines in /usr/share/examples/etc/hosts:

::1                     localhost localhost.my.domain
127.0.0.1               localhost localhost.my.domain

I have changed both lines to point out my own domain:

::1                     localhost localhost.sanabria.es
127.0.0.1               localhost localhost.sanabria.es

Before this change, I had:

::1                     localhost localhost.localdomain
127.0.0.1               localhost localhost.localdomain

Thus, it was my fault, as I did not make the mergemaster in the right way.

Greg, that works for you?

Thanks a lot Julian for your reply.