6.3-PRERELEASE desktop system periodically freezes momentarily

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Wed Jan 9 12:31:03 PST 2008

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Toomas Aas wrote:
>>
>> # grep psm /var/run/dmesg.boot
>> psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
>> psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
>> psm0: model IntelliMouse, device ID 3
>>

> There was another report of problems with psm.  Can you try with
> sysmouse instead?  If that works around the issue then we can
> investigate psm further.

Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand how to use sysmouse instead of psm.
Do you mean I should run 'moused -p /dev/sysmouse' (setting
moused_port="/dev/sysmouse" in rc.conf)? If I do that, the mouse refuses
to move. When I add more options:

#/usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/sysmouse -t ps/2 -d -f
moused: mouse type mismatch (mousesystems != ps/2, mousesystems is assumed)
moused: proto params: f8 80 00 00 5 00 ff
moused: port: /dev/sysmouse  interface: sysmouse  type: mousesystems
model: generic
moused: received char 0x87
moused: received char 0x0
moused: received char 0x0
moused: received char 0x0
moused: received char 0x0
moused: assembled full packet (len 5) 87,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

--
Toomas Aas
... Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?