Performance!

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 8 15:54:11 PST 2008

Krassimir Slavchev wrote:

> Hello Kris,
>
> Here is the lock profiling results, see the attachment.
>
> Please, let me know if you want ssh access to this machine?

Thanks, this is very interesting.  The problem is already fixed in 8.0
but we were not seeing it being this much of a factor on our test
hardware.  Possibly it is due to your CPUs being moderately faster and
causing a timing difference.  Anyway, try this patch.  If there is still
a performance deficit then repeating the lock profiling will be useful.

Kris