kmem_map too small under ZFS

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Mon Jan 7 04:26:05 PST 2008

> vm.kmem_size="512M"
> vm.kmem_size_max="512M"

I have similar to this in mine...

vm.kmem_size=629145600
vm.kmem_size_max=629145600

which is about 600 meg - the machine has 2 gig of RAM.

> vfs.zfs.prefetch_disable="1"
> vfs.zfs.arc_max="150M"
> kern.maxvnodes="400000"

now these I havent got - I did see a reference to disabling the intent log,
which is what I was about to try. I will give your settings a shot too.

> Most of these settings came from various mailing list postings.  It's
> possible that some don't do anything useful, but I haven't had a zfs
> related panic since.

Worth a try - might see if I can find a way tro reliably trigger the
opanic and then tyrn these bits back on one at a time too.

thanks,

-pete.