overheating Thinkpad X60s with 7.0-RC1

Tobias Roth freebsd.lists at fsck.ch
Sun Jan 6 13:12:58 PST 2008

Johannes Dieterich wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> Since the update from 6.2-STABLE to 7.0 I'm encountering problems with the
> temperature of my Thinkpad X60s. Under heavy load, e.g., make builworld or
> compile gcc or... I get the following output in /var/log/messages:

Hum, for what it's worth, I found that the opposite is true for my
Thinkpad T43p. After I updated to 7.0-BETA-something, I could turn off
the cpu fan completely and have the notebook not go above 70 deg celsius
when being idle. This did not work before 7.0.

My maximum temperature under load (with fans running of course) was and
still is around 75 deg celsius.

Regards,
Tobias