aac tool regressions on 7.0-RC1

Mike Andrews mandrews at bit0.com
Thu Jan 3 11:07:35 PST 2008

Vivek Khera wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2008, at 12:45 PM, Ed Maste wrote:
>
>> I'm not aware of any reason to avoid Adaptec RAID cards specifically on
>> amd64 now; there were a number of problems in the past but they should
>> be addressed now.
>>

> My main concern is that there is no *reliable* way to monitor the status
> of an Adaptec RAID system on FreeBSD/amd64.

arcconf seems to be reliable (and a native amd64 binary), except for the
aforementioned hanging-on-exit issue with -RC1.  On -BETA4 it's fine.
Google for "check_icp" if you need a Nagios plugin written around
arcconf (it needs only minor edits to work on /bin/sh instead of bash).

It's looking like aaccli is a lost cause though, yes.