building system's libmilter with poll() support?

Jose-Marcio Martins da Cruz Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr
Wed Jan 2 08:20:55 PST 2008

Vivek Khera wrote:
> What's the procedure to configure buildworld to get sendmail to build
> libmilter using poll() instead of select()?
>
> There is discussion on the postfix mailing list that some high-load
> performance issues could be solved by switching this, but the "fix" was
> to hack the libmilter header file to force the appropriate define to be
> set, rather than using the sendmail configuration system. This would of
> course be difficult to preserve across updates and buildworlds...

The canonical way is to define (at devtools/Site/site.config.m4) :

dnl To use poll instead of select :
APPENDDEF(`conf_libmilter_ENVDEF',`-DSM_CONF_POLL=1')
dnl To use a pool of workers instead of one thread per connection
APPENDDEF(`conf_libmilter_ENVDEF',`-D_FFR_WORKERS_POOL=1')

Note that the second automatically defines the first one.

I don't know how to add this to buildworld.

Hope this help...