Upgrading to 7.0 - stupid requirements

Andrew Kolchoogin andrew at rinet.ru
Fri Feb 29 11:10:26 UTC 2008

Sat, 29/02/2008 at 10:08 +0100, Dick Hoogendijk writes:

> > No one is forcing you to upgrade.
> Head in the sand reaction.
    Nope.

> I think the guy is right.
> The upgrade proces and constant rebuilding of ports made me switch in
> the end after years of using freeBSD. My computer is fast, but I want
> to use it for someting useful iso compiling and compiling and..
    You were not forced to.

    All of your installed software will work fine if you install 6.x
compatibility libraries unless a piece of software is inherently
system-dependant.

    Generally speaking, OpenOffice.org will work fine, and lm_sensors
MIGHT, but it is not guaranteed to.

    As of any major version upgrade of FreeBSD. :)
--
    Yours
        Andrew Kolchoogin.