jerky mouse still in 7.0-RELEASE

Teemu Korhonen teemu.korhonen at mbnet.fi
Fri Feb 29 01:34:12 UTC 2008

Teemu Korhonen wrote:
> Jung-uk Kim wrote:
>> On Thursday 28 February 2008 01:30 pm, Teemu Korhonen wrote:
>>
>>> Did anyone find a solution to the "jerky mouse" -problem? It still
>>> exists in 7.0-RELEASE.
>>>
>>> I have pretty much exact same symptoms as in this post:
>>>

>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2008-January/039599.html
>>

>> Can you try the attached patches for ports/x11-servers/xorg-server?
>> Just drop them in files directory, rebuild, reinstall, etc...
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jung-uk Kim
>>
> Thanks, I'll try them tonight.
>
> - Teemu Korhonen

Ok, I tried the patches and it seems to work at least with ule-scheduler.

I tested with both 4bsd and ule by building some ports:
with 4bsd, system is still very jerky/unusable, however
with ule, some cursor jumping still occurs, but things seem much
smoother and I can actually do something while building.

Thanks a lot,

- Teemu Korhonen