em very slow, shared irq... on 6.3p8

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Feb 27 14:52:48 UTC 2008

At 05:49 AM 2/27/2008, Holger Kipp wrote:

>I therefore assume that the problem is between receiving the
>irq from em<x> and getting the data from the interface on the firewall
>itself.

I would try upgrading to 6.3R (there are several em driver bug fixes)
and then try the box with
% cat /boot/loader.conf
hw.pci.enable_msi=1

...if the cards support msi.

I think pciconf -lvc should tell you if the cards and slots support it or not.

Also, if you dont need IPV6, use FAST_IPSEC. It does not need
mpsafe.  If you do need IPSEC and IPV6, 7.0R got rid of that restriction.

         ---Mike