lists.freebsd.org is down?

Peter Wemm peter at wemm.org
Tue Feb 26 20:45:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Kris Kennaway <kris at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Stefan Lambrev wrote:
>  > Greetings,
>  >
>  > I cannot open port 80 on lists.freebsd.org.
>  > Is it just me?
>  >
>  > Sorry if this is not the proper maillist.
>  >

>  The hardware was being migrated.
>
>  Kris

Yes, mail processing is running on a new box.  It took longer than I
expected, due to a couple of colossal mistakes.   The fact that you're
reading this email means that it is working again.

For example, after 19 years of doing unix stuff, I finally fell for
the 'rm -rf *' in / classic newbie blunder.  On the plus side, it was
my netboot environment for doing machine migration/installations.  On
the minus side, I took out 12 other machines at once.  Oops.

Peter Wemm - peter at wemm.org; peter at FreeBSD.org; peter at yahoo-inc.com
"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete
themselves upon execution." -- Robert Sewell